Quick Post: It doesn’t look like much, but my family enjoyed it. I really loved the coconut rice – it doesn’t taste like coconut, but the coconut milk makes the rice rich and creamy. Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs – adapted from The Stay at Home Chef
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 cup orange juice (about 4 oranges)
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with non stick cooking spray. If you want to be fancy, line the bottom of the pan with orange slices (optional).
2. In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, orange zest, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Place your chicken thighs skin-side up in the prepared baking dish. Pour half of the glaze over the chicken thighs.
4. Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes. Take the remaining glaze and pour it over the chicken.
5. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes. The skin will get nice and crisp and browned.
Coconut Rice –
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk, plus enough water to make 2 cups
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste (optional)
In a medium saucepan, add water and coconut milk and rice. Cover and bring to a boil, then add salt – stir to dissolve, reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 15-18 minutes.