I received local blueberries in my farm share this week and needed to use them. What better way than in a yummy baked good? 🙂 Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Orange Blueberry Bread – adapted from Julia’s Album
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, orange juice and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- In the same bowl where you combined flour, add blueberries and toss them in 2 tablespoons of flour. This will help prevent blueberries from sinking.
5. Fold in orange zest, and blueberries into the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.