Quick Post: The title is a mouthful! The combination of these two recipes was a hit at my house and it’s healthy, fresh and easy to make. Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Soy-Ginger-Lime Marinade – adapted from Simply Scratch
- 2 – 3 cloves of Garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 large Shallot, peeled and quartered
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 3/4 inch of Ginger, peeled, and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients (using a stick blender makes quick work of this). Pour the mixture over the chicken and marinade for at least 4 hours. Preheat grill to medium heat and cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until done.
Cilantro, Lime and Ginger Rice –
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- the zest and juice of one lime
- 1 1/2 cups water
- kosher salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
In a a saucepan combine rice, ginger slices, salt and water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro and lime zest. Serve warm.