Yup – I’m using this again 😉 As we were eating this dinner, I started thinking of ways to use the rest of the pesto. It’s not a stretch as far as recipes go, but I already know the flavors will work together.
Verdict: Yum! This sandwich was so good! It’s so full of flavor and it’s a new favorite in this house. The sun dried tomato pesto is so worth making. I still have an 8 ounce jar of this left, so I’m sure I will be posting a new recipe with it soon. I don’t want it to go to waste after all. Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto –
For Marinating the Chicken:
- 1 pound chicken breast cutlets
- zest of one lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and pepper
For Assembling the Sandwiches:
- Ciabatta rolls, split and brushed with olive oil
- sun dried tomato pesto
- goat cheese
- garlic and herb cream cheese spread
- organic spring mix
- sliced tomatoes
1. Place the chicken cutlets in a sealable container or a zip top bag. Mix all the ingredients and pour over top of chicken. Marinade for at least 30 minutes, but no more than a few hours (*depending on how thick your pieces are – or the acid will start to “cook” the meat).
2. Preheat your grill to medium-high and grill the chicken for about 4 minutes a side or until done. Place the bun halves oil side down to toast.
3. To assemble: On one half of the roll, slather on a good amount of the garlic and herb cheese spread and pile salad greens on top and then the grilled chicken on top of that and then tomato slices. Spread the sun dried tomato pesto on the top bun and place it on top of the sandwich – enjoy!
What a fantastic sandwich! I’m a little bit jealous and although I’ve just devoured a lot of food I’m sure I’d find room for this.
It’s so good 🙂 I could eat one of these every week!