Quick Post: Oh, this was so good! I think this focaccia is my favorite savory bread to date, and thankfully it’s my husband’s too. The last time I made it I baked two loaves off in a 9 inch cake pans; we used one for something that I don’t remember and the other one was stashed in the freezer. I marinated chicken cutlets in my favorite marinade, grilled it, fried up some bacon, sliced a perfect avocado and Roma tomato. I sliced and toasted the focaccia, placed baby swiss on each slice, topped it with a spring mix, and the rest of the toppings. It was the perfect sandwich 🙂 Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Simple Marinade for Chicken – Mom Makes
- 2 pounds chicken breast, pounded to an even thickness (or use chicken cutlets)
- Juice of one lemon (adding the zest would be a nice touch)
- 4-6 TBSP olive oil (depends on how much lemon juice – more acid vs. oil will cook the chicken)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- oregano, parsley or your other favorite herb mixture – dried or fresh
1. Place your prepared chicken in a Ziploc bag or some other sealable container. Combine all marinade ingredients thoroughly, and pour over top of your chicken. Place the chicken into the fridge to marinade for 1 to 5 hours.