One of the biggest stress relieving things I can do for myself is to come up with a weekly meal plan. There are only a few things that are more frustrating and stressful than not knowing what I’m going to make. This was a good week because I easily came up with five meals without really trying and that isn’t something that happens often. This was one of them:
Teriyaki Marinade – heavily adapted from Allrecipes
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast – pounded thin
- these buns
- 1 pineapple sliced 1/2″
- 3 strips bacon
- 3 slices baby swiss
- romaine lettuce
1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a microwave safe container. Heat the marinade for about 1 minute or until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
2. Place pounded chicken in a Ziploc bag and pour marinade over top. Marinade for at least 12 hours.
3. Preheat grill to 350 -400 degrees. Grill the chicken for 15 – 20 minutes total. Once you’ve flipped the chicken to cook the other side, put the pineapple slices on the grill. After about 5 minutes, flip the pineapple slices over and place the bacon and cheese on the chicken to warm through.