Quick Post: By now you can tell we like buffalo chicken! I love Frank’s Red Hot because it has great flavor and a mild kick to it. I made two calzones tonight – one for the adults and one for the kids. The other calzone had mozzarella, Parmesan, cheddar, pepperoni and sliced baby Portobello mushrooms in it. They both tasted excellent:) I warmed up some marinara sauce for the kids to dip theirs, and for the buffalo calzones I made a quick blue cheese dip. Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Calzone – a Mom Make’s Recipe
- 3/4 pound roasted chicken breast, shredded
- 1/4 batch of this pizza dough
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/3 cup sharp white cheddar
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 egg plus a splash of water for the egg wash
- pizza seasoning to taste
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Roll out your pizza dough in a large rectangle – about 10×14 inches. Sprinkle your shredded cheddar on the dough leaving at least an inch of space from the edge. Toss your roasted chicken with the Frank’s Red Hot to coat, then layer on top of the cheese. Sprinkle the Gorgonzola and Parmesan cheeses over the top of the chicken.
3. Brush the egg wash around the perimeter of the dough, and then fold the long side of the dough to the opposite side and crimp to seal. Place on a lined baking sheet, brush the top of the calzone with the egg wash, and bake for 15 minutes.
Blue Cheese Dip – a Mom Make’s Recipe
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. YUM!