Strange combination for this family, but I decided to try it. Grilled fruit is always a good idea, and I’m hoping these pears don’t disappoint! I recently started ordering produce from a local co-op and it’s been a great motivator to try new recipes. I never buy pears, and honestly wasn’t a huge fan – chalk it up to never eating them as a kid. I’m also hoping that the simplicity of the rest of the dish doesn’t equal lack of flavor…we will soon see.
Verdict: All the components of this salad work together really well. They were all leery of the pear, but tried it anyway. I’m pleased with how it turned out, and most of my family (minus the pickiest eater), enjoyed this. Up next, the cheddar biscuits we ate with this salad! 🙂 Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Grilled Chicken and Pear Salad – adapted from Plan to Eat
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 2 pears, cored and sliced
- 6 cups mixed greens with baby spinach
- Goat cheese, optional
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup grape seed or olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Prepare the vinaigrette and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. Butterfly each chicken breast or pound to an even thickness. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
3. Grill chicken and pears until chicken juices run clear and pears and soft, warm, and slightly charred.
4. Remove chicken and pears from grill and slice chicken into strips.
5. Plate greens, top with chicken and pears, sprinkle with goat cheese, and drizzle with vinaigrette