Quick Post: Super simple dinners that can be whipped up quickly are a mom’s best friend! I thought this one up while looking through the weeks sale items on the Publix website. I was happy to find boneless, skinless chicken on sale and snapped up a few packages. Hopefully I can come up with good ideas for the four or so pounds of chicken that I have in the fridge! Thanks for reading:)
Grilled Chicken and Fettuccini Alfredo – a Mom Makes original
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- juice of one whole lemon
- salt, pepper and dried oregano to taste
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast – pounded to an even thickness
- 1 pound fettuccini noodles
- 1 jar of alfredo sauce (I had a few jars I needed to use, or I would have made this one)
1. Mix the oil, lemon juice and seasonings together then pour over the chicken. Let marinade for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat your grill and cook the chicken about 10-15 minutes or until done.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a generous amount of kosher salt and add the noodles – cook to package directions, drain and set aside.
4. Take the chicken off the grill, add the alfredo sauce to your cooked and drained noodles. Slice the chicken, serve up the fettuccini alfredo and top with the grilled chicken. Serve with a nice green salad and garlic bread. Enjoy!