Quick Post: This was pretty good, but next time I’ll add less arrowroot powder for thickening. Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Paleo Orange Chicken – adapted from Paleo Cupboard
**shown with my modifications**
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 cups steamed veggies, I used carrots and green beans
For the Sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 3 Tbsp. gluten-free soy or coconut aminos
- 1 TBSP fresh ginger, minced
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
1. Season chopped chicken pieces with sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium size saucepan and stir to combine. Place over medium high heat and bring just to a boil, stirring frequently. Allow sauce to thicken and then remove from heat and set aside.
3. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 -2 tablespoons of coconut oil and heat until it shimmers. Toss in the veggies and cook for about 2 minutes – remove them and set aside. Add the remaining coconut oil. Add the chicken pieces and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until nicely browned. Drain any excess fat from the pan and pour the sauce into the skillet. Add the veggies to the pan and stir to coat. Serve over roasted cauli-rice.