If you couldn’t tell, this family loves pizza and “pizza-ish” recipes! This is a simple and satisfying meal and makes for easy school lunches 🙂 Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Stromboli – adapted from The Spiffy Cookie
**I made two with this recipe**
- 2 lbs pizza dough, divided (I used this one)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce, plus more for dipping
- 2 cups grated cheeses (*I used mozzarella, Monterey jack, Romano and Parmesan*)
- 5 ounces pepperoni (*I used Applegate Farms*)
- 4 ounces of deli ham (*I used Applegate Farms*)
- Olive oil, garlic powder, pizza seasonings and salt for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line large rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread pizza dough out on baking sheet to be approximately 10×16. Spread pizza sauce over 2/3′s of the dough lengthwise, leaving a 3×16 rectangle of plain dough along one of the edges. Top sauce with half the grated cheese, pepperoni and ham.
- Roll up like a jelly roll lengthwise starting along the long edge of dough topped with all the fillings and ending with the plain strip of dough on the bottom of the roll. Repeat for the second dough ball.
- Brush the entire Stromboli with oil and sprinkle the top with seasoning if desired, and gently cut slats in the top of the dough every 1-2 inches. Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Remove from oven, cool 5 minutes and slice into pieces. Serve with more pizza sauce.
Hungry for more?