My kids loved these, but what’s not to love? I like that the whole pan is finished at one time, so no standing by the stove waiting to flip each piece of bread. I used four thick slices of this egg bread, and there was just enough custard for them. Next time I will have to double the recipe so we have quick, no-effort school breakfasts perfect for those mornings when I just need five more minutes of sleep! 😉 Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Baked French Toast Sticks – adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
- 4 slices Texas Toast (or other hearty, thick-cut bread)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter, slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees then spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray very well and set aside. Cut bread slices into thirds then set aside.
- In a large shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, vanilla, and cinnamon. Dunk bread sticks into batter, let excess drip off, then place onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 16-18 minutes, spraying the tops of the French Toast Sticks with non-stick spray before flipping halfway through.
- To freeze: Let French Toast Sticks cool then place onto a baking sheet and freeze in the freezer. Transfer to a freezer bag or container when hard. To reheat, microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
I’m on my way to get French toast this morning. So delightful.
It’s one of my favorite breakfasts 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!