Now, I’m not usually for fiddling with a perfectly good steak; but while searching through Pinterest, I came across this and the combination of flavors worked well and I thought “why not?”. Steak was on the menu, and I already had all the marinade ingredients so, again – “why not?”. Three strip steaks are soaking in this now and soon I will flip them over to marinade a little longer on the other side.
Verdict: These had great flavor and were so much more juicy than the steaks that were not marinated. M accidentally overcooked the steaks, but it didn’t dry out the marinated ones at all – they were still tender! Thanks for reading, enjoy 🙂
Steak Marinade – adapted from Kayotic Kitchen
- 3 tbsp oil (*I used grapeseed)
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice (*I didn’t have lemon, woops!)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 2 rosemary sprigs, crushed to release the oils
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and pour over top steak. I placed my steaks in a glass baking dish, then covered with plastic wrap. Marinade for at least 4 hours.