- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in an 8 inch cast iron skillet set over medium-low heat. Stir in sugars and vanilla and remove from heat. Let rest until pan is warm, but no longer very hot, about 5 minutes.
2. Crack an egg onto the butter and sugar mixture, and use a fork to whisk it well into the mixture. Place flour, baking soda, and salt on top, and very carefully stir into the mixture until smooth and well-mixed. Stir in chocolate chunks. Place in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, or until starting to turn golden on the top and around the edges, but soft in the center. Serve with vanilla ice cream.