I’ve never made granola before, but I love the stuff. It’s perfect on top of yogurt, an on the go snack or a hearty breakfast. Most store bought brands have lots of sugar, salt, preservatives and fat…no thanks! This one is great because it’s all natural, easy to make and it keeps well in the fridge or up to a week in an airtight container. While this was baking, the most wonderful mix of orange and honey came wafting out the oven! I can’t wait to try this 🙂
Verdict: So addicting! The orange zest gives this an aroma and bright, fresh flavor that I have never had in granola before. It was the perfect pre-workout breakfast. Bottom line – I will make this again and again! Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Orange Almond Coconut Granola – adapted from Two Blue Lemons
- 2 cups “Old Fashioned” rolled oats (not the quick kind)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Zest of one orange
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
2. In a large mixing bowl mix the dry ingredients and set aside. (Oats, coconut, almonds, cinnamon, zest, salt.)
3. In a small bowl combine the wet ingredients. (Honey, molasses, vanilla, oil.)
4. Pour the honey-molasses mixture over the oats and spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes, tossing once in the middle. (Don’t let it get too brown, you want it to still be a little chewy.)
6. Out of the oven, toss in your dried fruit. Makes about 5 cups.