Quick Post: I’ve never made quesadillas for dinner for anyone but the kids – these just looked and sounded so good. Instead of just pounding, seasoning then grilling my chicken, I marinade – always! This was a simple meal to prepare and I would make these again, thanks for reading, enjoy!
Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Quesadilla – adapted from The Pioneer Woman
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning (recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pineapple, sliced
- Butter for the griddle
- Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 6 – 8 medium tortillas
- jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- barbecue sauce
1. Place your chicken pieces in a zip top bag. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and Cajun seasoning until well combined. Pour over chicken, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
2. Preheat your grill to medium heat – grill the chicken for 7 minutes on each side or until done. Paint the cooked side with barbecue sauce after flipping. Before the chicken is completely cooked, place your pineapple slices on the grill for about 5 minutes a side until you get nice grill marks. Set the cooked chicken and pineapple aside while you assemble the quesadillas.
3. Warm griddle over medium heat and put sizzling butter or margarine in the pan. Slightly warm and toast tortillas on both sides, then remove from griddle and set aside.
4. To assemble, sprinkle four browned tortillas with grated Monterey Jack. Arrange chicken slices evenly over the surface. Add pineapple slices and jalapeno slices. If desired, drizzle extra barbecue sauce over the top. Add second browned tortilla on top of each one. Add to oven to warm, or back to skillet to warm, until cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges.
Cajun Seasoning – adapted from Food.com
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt (optional)
1. Pour all seasonings into a small, air tight container – shake well to combine.