We’ve never grilled pork before, so hopefully this works out well! Choosing to marinade is always a good thing to ensure flavorful, juicy meat; so when I found this recipe and saw the ratings, I decided it was a safe one to try. The barbecue sauce was so simple to throw together and only needed to be stirred every once in a while. Then the marinating – what could be easier? I love dinners like this one where the longest part is the stay in the fridge.
Verdict: I am so happy that these simple ingredients and steps led to such a tasty dinner; and I will definitely make this again. The barbecue sauce has great flavor, and isn’t too sweet or too spicy for us. I would use the sauce recipe again for another application unless I’m feeling lazy 😉 Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Grilled Pork Chops Ingredients – adapted from Food Network
- 4 pork chops (about 1/2-inch thick)
- Neely’s Seasoning, recipe follows
- Neely’s BBQ Sauce, recipe follows
Apply Neely’s Seasoning to each pork chop. Place pork chops in a large freezer safe plastic bag. Pour 2 cups of Neely’s BBQ sauce into bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 8 hours.
Place pork chops on grill and cook until internal temperature is 160 degrees F. Reapply BBQ sauce to pork chops prior to serving.
Neely’s Seasoning Ingredients –
- 1 cup paprika
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
Over high heat, bring ingredients to a boil, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
Once sauce comes to a boil, reduce temperature to low and simmer, uncovered, for at least 2 hours.