Quick Post: I was inspired by this recipe, but I added a little of this and that to the mix which resulted in some really tasty chicken. I made this last month and forgot to post about it sooner, but I remember that we all really enjoyed it 😉 Serve it over rice and steamed veggies of your choice and don’t waste any of the delicious sauce!
Asian Inspired Baked Chicken –
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBSP honey
- 3 cloves of garlic; minced
- 1″ of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 TBSP Mirin
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 pounds chicken thighs (or preferred chicken meat)
- prepared rice
- steamed vegetables
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix first 7 ingredients together in a large plastic zip-top storage bag. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken to plastic bag making sure to coat each piece.
- Place chicken in baking dish along with sauce/marinade or leave in large plastic bag to marinate in the refrigerator. Marinade for at least 6 – 8 hours, turning the bag once every few hours.
- When ready to cook, in a baking dish, bake chicken in a 425° oven for 25 minutes with the skin side up. Turn the chicken and cook another 15 minutes. Then turn the chicken again to skin side up and finish cooking for another 10 minutes to crisp up the skin. Cook until internal temperature of chicken reads 165°F.