Quick Post: This is really good – so good that I ate it twice this week. I had leftover roast chicken, and what better way to use it than for chicken salad? This is a combination of a few different recipes that inspired me. I love the crisp bite of the celery, the sweetness of the apple, the toasty walnuts…all of these ingredients work together to make one of my favorite sandwiches. Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Chicken Salad Sandwich –
- 1/2 – 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or chopped fine
- 1 celery rib, small dice
- 1 small apple, small dice (I used a Granny Smith)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2-3 TBSP mayonnaise
- 2-3 TBSP plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp of curry powder
- cayenne, paprika, pepper, salt – to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl, serve immediately or place in the fridge until ready to serve. Serve in a wrap, on a sandwich or over a bed of lettuce.