I bought a juicer! I wasn’t sure how this would turn out because I haven’t tried beets since I was a kid…and those were the gross canned kind that you find in salad bars. The finished juice was the most gorgeous magenta color, and I hoped that it would taste as good as it looked! The first taste of anything new is usually off-putting, but as I continued to sip it, it tasted better and better. It’s not my new favorite, but I know I will make it again. The other recipe is a great starter juice, especially for kids. My daughter enjoyed this one, but I didn’t add the ginger because she wouldn’t have appreciated the spiciness of it. Thanks for reading, enjoy! 🙂
Ginger Beet Juice – adapted from Wonky Wonderful
- 1 small beet, peeled and trimmed
- 2 apples, washed and cut
- 2 carrots, washed and trimmed
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled
- Put all of the ingredients into the juicer according to the manufacturer instructions.
- Serve the juice cold over ice.
Carrot Apple Ginger Juice – adapted from The Roasted Root
- 3 carrots, washed and trimmed
- 2 apples
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled (*optional*)
- Put the ingredients through the juicer according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Drink immediately, or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Keeps for about 2 days.