When in doubt – add more carbs and cheese, right? I wanted a quick garlic bread recipe to go along side this loaded potato soup for our dipping pleasure. The garlic/butter mixture added great flavor to this simple french loaf; and it’s less work that our favorite garlic bread recipe. Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Parmesan Garlic Bread – adapted from Simply Scratch
- 1 loaf of Italian Bread (*I used a loaf of this bread*)
- 4 TBSP Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2-3 TBSP olive oil
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoons Parsley, minced (I used about 1 tsp of dried parsley)
- Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut your french bread in half and then take the two halves and split those down the middle lengthwise. Combine the garlic, shallots, parsley, salt, black pepper, softened butter, olive oil and Parmesan. Mix until all the ingredients are combined. Slice the Italian loaf lengthwise and heavily smear half of the butter mixture on each of the halves. Bake for 7 minutes – take the bread out and sprinkle your grated cheese over top each piece. Place back in the oven until the cheese melts and is nicely browned – about 3-5 minutes. Cut into slices and enjoy!