I promised my kids that I would make waffles for breakfast before school…I was a slacker these past two weeks! My kids love anything with chocolate chips for breakfast, so these are perfect. This batch is huge, and now I have 60 quarters in the freezer for easy (ahem…lazy) mornings. Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Waffles – adapted from Add A Pinch
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar (*I used vanilla sugar*)
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk together flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
- Toss in chocolate chips and coat well with flour mixture.
- Mix together buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour into dry mixture and stir together just until combined.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook to your iron’s instructions.
- Serve immediately with your favorite syrup.