Quick Post: I made these to go with this salad. They were cheesy and delicious. The End!
Cheddar Biscuits – adapted from No More To Go
- 1 ¾ cups King Arthur Self-Rising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (*next time I will use less salt – at least 1/4 tsp less*)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup butter, cold
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon dried parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with canola oil.
3. Combine flour, salt, and garlic powder in a large bowl.
4. Using a pastry cutter, food processor, or just two forks, cut in the cold butter.Combine the butter using this method until you have pieces of butter no bigger than a pea.
6. Add cheese and milk and mix with your hands until just combined.
8. Drop using a ¼ cup measuring cup onto your prepared baking sheet.
9. Bake for 11-13 or until the tops of the biscuits are light brown.
10. While the biscuits are cooking, combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
11. When the biscuits come out of the oven, brush them with the butter glaze and serve