Quick Post: I made these to go with this salad. They were cheesy and delicious. The End!
Cheddar Biscuits – adapted from No More To Go
- 1 ¾ cups King Arthur Self-Rising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (*next time I will use less salt – at least 1/4 tsp less*)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup butter, cold
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon dried parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with canola oil.
3. Combine flour, salt, and garlic powder in a large bowl.
4. Using a pastry cutter, food processor, or just two forks, cut in the cold butter.Combine the butter using this method until you have pieces of butter no bigger than a pea.
6. Add cheese and milk and mix with your hands until just combined.
8. Drop using a ¼ cup measuring cup onto your prepared baking sheet.
9. Bake for 11-13 or until the tops of the biscuits are light brown.
10. While the biscuits are cooking, combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
11. When the biscuits come out of the oven, brush them with the butter glaze and serve
Who needs to go to Red Lobster for cheese biscuits? These look tasty!
Or who needs to go to Ruby Tuesdays to get those cheese biscuits? These look very delicious