Quick Post: I came across this recipe today, not even looking for something like this at all. The picture on the blog sold me on the idea. My family loves shrimp, tomato cream sauces, and lots of cheese so why not? Shrimp was on sale – thankfully it was the easy peel kind! Thanks for reading, enjoy!
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning (* I used some lemon zest and Italian seasoning )
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-20 oz package refrigerated Four Cheese Ravioli (used: Buitoni)
- 1 jar prepared tomato & basil pasta sauce (used: Bertolli)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup vodka (* I used 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Meanwhile, heat a saute pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon butter and two tablespoons canola oil. Allow butter to melt and stop foaming, do not brown.
Toss the shrimp with lemon pepper seasoning and add to the pan, in a single layer. Sear shrimp for 1 minute, then flip and continue for 1 minute more. Remove to a plate; set aside.
While shrimp are cooking, add ravioli to boiling water and cook for about 8 minutes. Drain well.
Once the shrimp are cooked, add the shallots and garlic and saute until fragrant. Add broth to deglaze the pan and simmer for 1 minute until slightly reduced.
Add cream cheese to the deglazed pan; cook over medium heat and whisk until smooth and melted. Stir in the tomato sauce until well combined. Remove from heat and whisk in parmesan cheese until well blended. (If sauce is too thick, begin whisking in hot pasta water until desired consistency is reached: sauce should coat the back of a spoon) Stir in chopped parsley.
Add shrimp and ravioli and toss to coat. Serve warm with hot garlic bread and salad.