Quick Post: I don’t care much for football, but I do like making appetizers! Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Guacamole Ingredients – adapted from Alton Brown
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated. Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash. Then, fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.
Restaurant Style Salsa ingredients – adapted from The Pioneer Woman
- 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
- 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies) *I drain these*
- ¼ cups Chopped Onion
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
- ¼ teaspoons Sugar
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
- ½ cups Cilantro (more To Taste!)
- ½ whole Lime Juice
Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips or cheese nachos.
I know this looks gross, but I assure you – if you love blue cheese you’ll love the taste of this!
Buffalo Chicken Dip ingredients –
- 1 skin-on, bone-in chicken breast, roasted and shredded
- 1 – 8 oz package of cream cheese at room temp
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients in a 8×8 inch baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Serve with celery sticks.