This apple crisp is probably the best one I have ever eaten. The addition of lemon juice (I also added some lemon zest) makes a huge difference. The flavors meld well and it doesn’t taste “lemony” at all. This will be my go-to recipe for now – I could have eaten the whole pan! This recipe is for individual ramekins, but I used my 11×7 inch baking dish and it worked perfectly. I substituted Fuji apples because they are my favorite, but I’m sure the Granny Smith apples would be equally tasty. And what takes any apple dessert to the next level?Vanilla ice cream! Don’t forget it:o) Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Apple Crisp – adapted from The Neely’s
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped small (*I used Fuji apples)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans (*I omitted)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Crumb topping –
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans (*I left these out, too)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Mix all the ingredients together. Place into 7 to 8-ounce ramekins.
Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Blend the butter into the mixture until it forms pea size lumps. Stir in pecans and sprinkle over filling.
Bake crisps for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Pingback: Vegan Apple Crisp « Mom Makes…
Pingback: Thanksgiving Day Recipe Round-Up | Mom-Makes...