This is my first time making a Stromboli, which is basically a giant pizza roll. It’s not from one recipe, more like bits and pieces of ones I have found online. M grilled a pound of the Italian sausage that was left of the giant package from Sam’s Club, and there is about a pound of Italian cheeses leftover from mac and cheese night. I guess you could use any leftover meats, vegetables and cheese that you need to re-purpose for a dish like this. Here’s the recipe I found that I’m using as a guideline.
These turned out so well – this recipe is definitely a new favorite for us. I served this with a green salad with tomatoes and bell peppers, and a side of marinara sauce for dipping. I’m always happy when a new recipe turns out well! Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Pepperoni and Sausage Stromboli Ingredients –
- 2 – 1 pound balls of pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 – 3/4 pound of Italian sausage, grilled and diced
- 1/4 – 1/2 pound of deli sliced pepperoni, quartered
- 1/2 – 3/4 pound of mixed Italian cheeses
- 1 egg beaten with 1 TBSP of water
- dried Italian seasoning
- 2 TBSP Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Roll out your pizza dough into a rectangle, about 14 inches by 8 inches – roughly. Layer your meats and cheeses, being careful to leave a one inch border on all sides. Make your egg wash and lightly bush it around the border, then start to roll your Stromboli. Make sure to pinch all seams and tuck the ends under, then place seam side down on a parchment lined half sheet pan. Brush remaining egg wash on the surface of the dough, then sprinkle the pizza seasoning and Parmesan cheese over the tops if desired. Bake for 30 to 35 minute until golden brown (and delicious!)
Pingback: Stomboli a la Leftovers « Mom Makes…