I have posted a hot fudge sauce before, but this once blows that one out of the water! It’s creamy, velvety and so rich and it makes just over two cups of sauce per batch. It will be perfect for gift giving this season, along with my very favorite salted caramel sauce. Thanks for reading, enjoy! 🙂
*swoon* The perfect complement to vanilla ice cream and our favorite triple chocolate cookie cake 🙂
Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce – adapted from Baked by Rachel via My Baking Addiction
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. In a medium, heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa, salt, and half of the chocolate. Bring the mixture to a boil. stirring until the chocolate pieces are completely melted.
2. Reduce heat and cook at a low boil, stirring occasionally, for about five minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add in butter, vanilla, and remaining chocolate and stirring until smooth. Allow the sauce to cool down before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to one week.