These cookies are so good and easily in my top five! They’re cakey, fudgy, rich and chocolaty. I’m not usually a fan of softer cookies, but these are so perfect. I am really glad that I made two batches – not all for my family of course! Once every few weeks, my husband serves as assistant director and I always send goodies for the production crew. I know they appreciate the baked goods, and I love hearing about it 😉 Eight people polished off nearly three dozen cookies! Thanks for reading, enjoy 🙂
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies – adapted from King Arthur Flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups mini peanut butter cups
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
3) In another bowl, beat together the sugars, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
4) Beat in the vanilla, egg, and water, then stir in the dry ingredients, blending well.
5) Stir in the mini peanut butter cups.
6) Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each cookie to about 1/2″ thick.
7) Bake the cookies for 7 to 9 minutes, or until they’re set and you can smell chocolate. Remove them from the oven, and cool on a rack.
Those look fantastic – I’ve been hankering after some cookies for a while now!
Thank you! I hope you try this recipe – it may be the last one you’ll ever need 😉
Just made these! Very tasty! I didn’t have peanut butter cups, but I definitely think they would do better with them, or chocolate chips.
Awesome! I’m glad you liked them. Thanks for stopping by 🙂