School starts back up tomorrow, and my girl is already asking me what I’m making for breakfast…now, I’m not one of those super moms who send their kids off with a hot breakfast every morning, but I can get a few of these in the oven! 🙂 Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Pumpkin Waffles – slightly adapted from Epicurious
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- Vegetable oil for brushing waffle iron or cooking spray
Preheat oven to 250°F and preheat waffle iron. Sift together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and soda, salt, and spices. Whisk egg yolks in a large bowl with buttermilk, pumpkin, and butter until smooth. Whisk in dry ingredients just until combined.
In a mixing bowl with a whisk attachment, whisk the egg whites until they hold soft peaks. Fold them gently into the waffle batter, until just combined.
Brush waffle iron lightly with oil and spoon batter into waffle iron, spreading quickly. Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Transfer waffles to rack in oven to keep warm and crisp.
Pingback: Thanksgiving Day Recipe Round-Up | Mom-Makes...