These were a perfect addition to our TG table! They are substantial enough to handle all the leftover ham and turkey sandwiches and tasty enough on their own. The dough is easy to work with and makes a dozen medium-sized rolls. Thanks for reading, enjoy!
- 2¼ teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 cup water (105-115 degrees Fahrenheit)
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 cups bread flour (508 grams)
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoons honey
4. Turn the dough out on a lightly floured work space and knead about 30 seconds. Cover and let the dough rest for another 10 minutes. Punch the dough down and divide it into 10-12 equal sized pieces. Shape each into a smooth ball and place into a greased 9×13 inch dish, spacing evenly. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free spot for 20-30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix together melted butter and honey and brush the mixture over top of the unbaked rolls. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the rolls are baked through. Let cool slightly before serving.