Ha! Get it? 😉 To be honest, I was more excited to try this waffle cookie recipe out than the waffle recipe. These are fast, easy and tasty. My husband prefers underdone cookies (ick!) but he didn’t mind the crispness of these (I know because he had no problem eating lots). The next day they were even better, kind of caramel-y, chewy and not hard as a rock like some crispy oven-baked cookies. The next day, I took this cookie up a notch by shamelessly adding some to vanilla ice cream with a splash of milk. It’s a lazy-girl wookie milkshake! If you have a waffle iron try these, and if you don’t – hurry up and buy one! Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies – adapted from How To Simplify
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Confectioner’s sugar (optional)
- Preheat the waffle iron to medium heat and grease the iron.
- Combine the sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually add the flour, salt, and baking soda to the mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop batter onto the waffle iron in tablespoonfuls (I like to use an ice cream scooper).
- Bake for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies from the iron using tongs and place on a wire rack to cool. Dust with confectioner’s sugar (optional).