Quick Post: This photo is in no way a representation of its taste! I think bacon would have been a great addition to this, but sadly, M ate the last of the leftover bacon tonight. I added some cooked chicken instead which was a fine substitute – but bacon it isn’t!;o) This meal came together fairly quickly and cooked up in the oven in 15 minutes. Thanks for reading, enjoy!
Stuffed Portobellos Ingredients – adapted from How To: Simplify
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 portobello mushrooms caps, with stems removed
- Salt and pepper (I added a 1/4 tsp of Italian seasoning too)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 whole tomato, diced
- 3 slices bacon, fully-cooked and crumbled (I used some cooked chicken instead)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly chopped basil (I love basil but I didn’t have any)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking dish by covering it with aluminum foil.
Whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Brush the mixture on the aluminum foil and then brush the mixture on the tops and bottoms of the mushrooms caps. Sprinkle the caps with salt and pepper and then set them, gill side down, on the baking dish.
Pour 1 tablespoon of the oil and vinegar mixture in a saucepan and saute the onion until it becomes translucent.
Place baking dish in the oven and bake the caps for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip the mushroom caps and continue to bake for 5 minutes. Remove the mushroom caps from the oven.
Fill each of the mushrooms caps with goat cheese, tomato, onion and bacon. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil.
Place in the oven for 5 minutes and serve warm.